- 2 C Cooked macaroni, drained, rinsed, cooled
- 2 Hard Boiled eggs
Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
- fettuccine noodles
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice (just short of ¼ cup)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cups grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Drain.
Stir 1 cup of the cream and the lemon juice in a heavy large skillet to blend. Add the butter and cook over medium heat just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Add the pasta and toss. Add the remaining cream, and Parmesan to the cream sauce in the skillet. Add the lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Toss the pasta mixture over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
Add shredded cooked chicken and diced mushrooms if desired.
Home Made Rice-A-Roni
- ¾ c White Rice (not minute rice (Basmati Rice)
- ½ c Angel Hair Pasta (broken into small pieces) (Or you can use Orzo)
- 2 Tbsp butter or Margarine
Melt butter in frying pan. Add rice and stir over med heat until toasty brown.
Add the remaining ingredients to the browned rice and reduce heat to low/medium
- 14oz. Broth (Chicken or Beef) (or you can use bullion, but it’s salty)
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Dry Dehydrated Onion (or fresh if you prefer)
- ½ c shredded carrot (Optional)
- ½ c finely chopped Celery (Optional)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
Put on a lid and simmer until all liquid is absorbed (about 15-20 min).
- 1 Onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 to 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 # Hamburger (or more if you like meaty sauce)
- 1/4 # Pork Sausage
- (Optional – 1# short ribs or beef cubes)
- About 4 C tomato paste
- About 8-10 C Water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Oregano and Sweet Basil to taste
Fry Onion and Garlic in olive oil at low heat just until onions are transparent.
Add meat and fry until browned and well mixed.
Add tomato paste and water. Stir until dissolved.
Add salt and pepper
Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about two hours, stirring occasionally.
Add Sugar, Oregano and Basil. Stir well.
- 1# Hamburger
- 1/2 # Pork Sausage
- 1/2 C Italian Breadcrumbs (Progresso)
- 1/4# Grated Parmesean (Kraft)
- 1 med clove garlic peeled and crushed
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Egg
Mix meat, crumbs, garlic, egg and salt/pepper. Meat should hold together in meatballs when you make them. If not, add more breadcrumbs. Fry until the middle of the largest one is no longer pink. Add to spaghetti sauce.