Back in the 1970’s my husband’s family owned a little Pizzeria. It was called Leono’s Pizzeria. It was long ago sold and has had many new tenants through the years, but tonight one of the memories was resurrected.
3 med to large Potatoes (Russet, Idaho, Golden, or whatever you have).
1/2 C shredded cheddar
2 Tbsp bacon (optional)
2 c Milk or Half & Half (I use 1 c Milk, 1 C half & half)
Rosemary (to taste) (I use about 1/2 tsp)
Dill Weed (to taste) (I use about 1/2 tsp)
Salt & pepper to taste Continue reading
- Fresh or Frozen Green Beans
- Frozen pea pods (optional)
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 can mushrooms (or fresh mushrooms)
- 2 Tbsp Bacon Grease (or butter)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese (to sprinkle)
- Bacon Crumbles (optional)
- 1/2# Ground Beef or Ground Buffalo
- 1 small onion
- 1 small can of tomato juice (5.5 oz)
- Spices: Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Cilantro, Salt, Pepper,
- Corn Chips
- Cheddar Cheese
- Black Beans (if desired)
- Sliced Black Olives (if desired)
- 1 small pepper (Green, red, yellow or orange – or a mix) chopped fine
Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
- fettuccine noodles
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice (just short of ¼ cup)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cups grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Drain.
Stir 1 cup of the cream and the lemon juice in a heavy large skillet to blend. Add the butter and cook over medium heat just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Add the pasta and toss. Add the remaining cream, and Parmesan to the cream sauce in the skillet. Add the lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Toss the pasta mixture over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
Add shredded cooked chicken and diced mushrooms if desired.
Ham Au Gratin
- About 4 cups peeled and sliced red or golden potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 C Milk
- About 4 C Grated Cheddar
- Leftover Spiral Cut ham (about 6 slices)
Peel and slice potatoes to about 1/8” thick. Rinse.
Put into 9×9 square baking dish (buttered or sprayed with PAM)
Add about 2/3 of the grated cheese over the potatoes.
In saute pan, melt butter. Add flour and mix well into butter. Add milk and stir over medium heat until well blended and lumps disappear.
Pour onto potatoes / cheese and mix well until they are all well blended.
Cover with foil and bake 45 min at 450 degrees.
In the last 10 min, uncover and put ham and remaining cheese on top. Finish baking for 10 more min.
If you use other types of potatoes, such as Idaho, you might want to blanch them first by cooking them partially in the microwave and draining / drying them prior to baking. Sometimes these potatoes don’t get soft unless you do so.