Home Made Rice-A-Roni
- ¾ c White Rice (not minute rice (Basmati Rice)
- ½ c Angel Hair Pasta (broken into small pieces) (Or you can use Orzo)
- 2 Tbsp butter or Margarine
Melt butter in frying pan. Add rice and stir over med heat until toasty brown.
Add the remaining ingredients to the browned rice and reduce heat to low/medium
- 14oz. Broth (Chicken or Beef) (or you can use bullion, but it’s salty)
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Dry Dehydrated Onion (or fresh if you prefer)
- ½ c shredded carrot (Optional)
- ½ c finely chopped Celery (Optional)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
Put on a lid and simmer until all liquid is absorbed (about 15-20 min).