Instant Pancake Mix Recipe
Dry Pancake Mix
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (check expiration date first)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Combine all of the ingredients in a lidded container. Shake to mix. Use the mix within 3 months.
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancake
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups “Instant” Pancake Mix
- 1 stick butter, for greasing the pan
- 2 cups fresh fruit such as blueberries, if desired
Heat an electric griddle or frying pan to 350 degrees F. Heat oven to 200 degrees F. Lightly butter the warm griddle and wipe off excess butter (none should be visible)
Whisk together the egg whites and the buttermilk in a small bowl. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the melted butter.
Combine the buttermilk mixture with the egg yolk mixture in a large mixing bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined. Pour the liquid ingredients on top of the pancake mix. Using a whisk, mix the batter just enough to bring it together. Don’t try to work all the lumps out.